Monday May 16, 2005
Treasures are positive things that strike my fancy, that make me feel happy or thankful or interested. Treasures are memories encapsulated in just a few words.
Here are "the rest" of my Treasures for the past week. (I'm changing to a Monday-Sunday collection interval.)
- An apt and timely comic from Lynn Johnston's "For Better or For Worse" for Sunday May 15; we have followed and enjoyed the lives of the Patterson family for many years. [Click the strip above to see a larger version.]
- A full day working from my home office!
- A raven (of the avian kind) and a blackbird, together on a neighbor's roof. I knew the local ravens were big but I don't usually have a good reference for scale. These aren't as enormous as the ravens at the Tower of London (those are HUGE) but they're still pretty big!
- A wonderful snuggly nap with our Raven the kitty. He likes to have me rub his tummy with my right hand and his head with my left while snuggling him just enough but not too much thank you that's purrfect...
- A sky blue VW combi (microbus/pickup). The front end was painted yellow, with big looping "splash" patterns around the front sides, as if it had been hit with a big yellow paint balloon
- Bebop and Raven, engaging in a fast and furious game of pattapat from opposite sides of a floor-length drapery.
- A Solar Yellow limited edition Scion XB at the local dealership (only 2500 will be made!).
- Bottlebrush bushes in ebullient bloom in the median of a local street. [Bottlebrush bushes look like this (although I didn't take that photo) and are, apparently, from Autralia! We have some in our backyard too.]
- Dim Sum with friends.
- A long Sunday afternoon nap with Squirrel; later, Mezzaluna joined us, then Bebop. Raven was in his "penthouse". Snuggle. Snooze. Purrrrrrr.
- Trying to type while Bebop lies next to me, his paw companionably resting on my right wrist. OK. I can type with one hand. Even if it is my left hand... And if I stretch juuust a little, I can reach the trackball too.